Thursday 21 June 2012

Omapodi




OMAPODI

Ingredients:

1. Gram flour – 3 cups
2. Rice flour -  1 cup
3. Salt  -  2 teaspoons
4. Oma water – 1 table spoon
5. Chilli powder – 2 teaspoons (optional)
6.  Oil – 250 ml

Preparation:

Mix all ingredients  except oil.  Pour water little by little and mix the flour into a soft dough. Heat the oil in a shallow kadai at moderate heat.  Grease the omapodi mould and fill the dough.  Press directly in the hot oil.  Cook it till the oil sizzling sound stops. Drain the excess oil and keep the omapodi in a dry airtight container.  Tasty Omapodi is ready within 20-25 minutes/


2 comments:

  1. sounds delicious and looks delicious - going to look up omapodi mold now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will try this out at my home. Naturally, my wife only ll do that. I will only eat. I expect more recipes from you in the days ahead. Thanks. May your expertise in blogging recipes grow.

    ReplyDelete